Love After 21 Years of Marriage: A Heart Touching Story


After 21 years of marriage, I began to find a new glimmer of love. 



I was indeed starting to date a woman other than my wife and it was my wife's idea and she said to me one day: "I know very well how much you love her! » The woman my wife wanted me to go out with was my mother who has been widowed for 19 years, but because of the activities of daily life, my three children and other responsibilities, I rarely visited her.

One day I called her and invited her to dinner. She asked me, "Are you okay?"...She wasn't used to receiving calls from me at this time of day. She was worried but I reassured her: "Yes, I'm very very well, but I just wanted to spend some time with you mom”. "The two of us, alone?”She asked; she remained thoughtful.

On Thursday, after work, I went to her house to pick her up. I was a bit nervous. When I arrived home, I found her just as disturbed. She was waiting for me in front of the door in a beautiful outfit! It seems it was the last dress my father had bought her before he died. With an angelic smile, Mom said to me: "I told everyone that today I'm going out with my son.

They're all happy and they can't wait to hear what I'm going to tell them when I get back." We went to a wonderful, quiet, beautiful restaurant. My mother was holding my arm, as if she were the First Lady. We were sitting there, and I started reading the menu because she could only read large print. As I read, she looked at me with a broad smile on her wrinkled lips... . . . She said to me: “I used to read to you when you were little.” I replied, “The time has come to give you back some of what you did for me. Don't bother, Mommy. “We talked a lot over dinner. Nothing unusual, but it was old stories and new ones. Without realizing it, time went by and we didn't notice that midnight had passed . . . On our return, in front of her door, she said to me: “I agree to go out again, but this time, I will pay for it! ». I kissed her hand and said goodbye to her.

A few days later, Mom died of a heart attack. It happened so fast that I didn't have time to do anything. A few days later I received a letter from the restaurant where we had that dinner. With a remark written in his own hand, telling me: " I paid in advance because I knew I wouldn't be there...The main thing is, the meal is paid for two people, you and your wife.

You won't know how important this night is to me. I love you, my son! “At that moment, I really understood what the word “love” and “I love you “means and what it means the expression of this love for each other. Nothing is more important than parents, especially mothers.

Give them the time they deserve. This is a Divine right and their own and it cannot be postponed.



After reading this story, I remembered the story of the one who asked Abdullah ibn-e-Umar ( may Allah be pleased with him ) : "My mother is very old and cannot move. She depends completely on me. . . . I carry her everywhere even to go to relieve herself and sometimes she cannot hold back and relieve herself on me while I am carrying her; do you think I have paid my debt to her? » Abdullah ibn-e-Umar replied: "You didn't pay for even one of the contractions she had when she gave birth to you! Because when she does that, you wish her death to get rid of you, whereas when you did the same, when you were little, she wished you life".

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Your feedback is appreciation for me. 👌

Thanks !